Join the Jefferson County 4-H Dairy Committee for a two-day dairy project learning event!
The activities will simulate exhibiting at the County Fair.
Dairy industry professionals will be present to assist youth throughout the event.
8:00 – 9:00: Registration
9:00 – 10:45: Breakout sessions:
– Learning how to make a bedding pack.
11:00-12:00: Lunch will be provided.
12:00-12:45: Breakout sessions:
– Barn Signs
– Learning to read pedigrees.
– What to pack in your show box/med box
– Products to use at home and the show.
– Tips on discussing key talking points and interacting with the public.
3:00 – 5:00 pm: Fitting
– Clipping demonstration followed by hands-on clipping for youth